Advice from World Travelers
Know before you go
- How to dress...culturally aware, climate-wise
- A few phrases to make a foreign country easier to navigate
- Monetary exchange...do they accept US $ or Euros or only their currency?
- Your physical limitations..can you climb stairs, climb mountains, hike, etc.
- Tipping...is it expected, not customary or "built in"
- Photography of locals...ask, don't assume!
- Immunization required?
- Visas required?
- Cash, credit, ATM withdrawals...which is better and where to get the currency
- Scams, pickpockets...things to be aware of
- List your suitcase contents in case of lost luggage
- Carry 2 credit cards and an ATM card